Login  |  View Cart  |  Register  |  Search

HaitiGingerbread1.JPG

HaitiGingerbread1.JPG
CATHEDRAL OF OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION – PORT AU PRINCE
Architects:  Leon Mathon – Louis Rey – Rene Medard
Built between 1884 and 1914, opened on December 20, 1914
It was dedicated on December 13, 1928 and became the cathedral church of the RC archdiocese of PaP. Destroyed in the earthquake of 2010
A competition was held for the reconstruction and there is a winner.  Now to raise the $40 Million needed. Before its destruction, the cupola of the north tower served as the lighthouse guiding mariners into PaP harbor.
Uploaded: Tue Jun 25, 2013 @ 07:06AM by TLCF Administrator
Tags: Haiti Gingerbread house, Eric Girault

Code:

powered by Doodlekit™ Website Builder